For your dog to be eligible to join our assistance dog program, your dog must have successfully passed the Pawsitive Pet Award
Your dog must NOT:
- bark at other dogs or people when on lead
- still be having toiletting accidents within the home
- show any aggression
- have any severe anxiety/fear issues
- display 'repetitive stereotypic behaviours such as spinning, compulsive licking etc.
- be raw fed
Your dog must:
- be fully vaccinated (except kennel cough if wanting to train for scent based tasks)
- be flea & wormed with a product recommended by your vet.
- Once your dog is accepted on the program you must also obtain your own insurance including public liability which covers your dog for assistance dog training and work (please note this excludes most pet dog insurance policies).
Return to assistance dog program